Question about combining meshes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about combining meshes

Post by ran76 on Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:58 pm

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to attach meshes to more than one point(for example, the hose that connects Apocalypse's arms to his back) in XNALara? Or can it only be done in Blender or another 3D modeling program for now?

ran76
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 8

http://ranwolf1976.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about combining meshes

Post by XNAaraL on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:39 am

Join bones in a armature

In every 3D application, a bone can have only one parent bone.
Bone parent:
If your model is made up of rigid components, you can create it as a collection of separate objects and then parent each one to a (one ) bone.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When you transform (translate/rotate/scale) the parent bone in Pose mode, the child(s) object(s) is transformed accordingly. Note that a parent relationship to a bone implies a parent relationship to the whole armature object – i.e. if you transform the armature in Object mode, its bones’ children will follow it…

With this method, you can only have one parent per object, being either an object or a bone. This means that if you hit again CtrlP for an already parented object, you will re-parent it.

As the Blender Wiki states:

You can merge together several selected bones, as long as they form a chain. Each sub-chain formed by the selected bones will give one bone, whose root will be the root of the root bone, and whose tip will be the tip of the tip bone.

Solution:
Use the XPS 11.2 feature "Modify-->Export scene as .mesh (merge all visible models)  ..." to "Merge all visible Generic_Items as new single model. The Result is a Generic_Item" ==> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Idea

:::::  "Modify-->Export scene as .mesh"  lets you combine different model parts. It will merge bones that share the same bone name on both models and let you save the model as one. (Example: "head neck lower" on model B merges with "head neck lower" on Model A). Model 'A' is the first visible item in you scene.

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 688

Back to top Go down

Post by ran76 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:06 pm

ok, so if I'm understanding your explanation correctly(let's use the Apocalypse hose as an example) if I rename the bone of one end of the hose "Spine upper" and the other end "arm left wrist" and then use "Modify-->Export scene as .mesh", it should work,

ran76
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Reports that don't give enough information

Post by XNAaraL on Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:09 am

ran76 wrote:ok, so if I'm understanding your explanation correctly(let's use the Apocalypse hose as an example) if I rename the bone of one end of the hose "Spine upper" and the other end "arm left wrist" and then use "Modify-->Export scene as .mesh", it should work,

I do not know "Apocalypse hose". So it is not an example! Therfore I can only guess, but my crystal ball is broken ... and your idea sounds like a fisherman's story.

... please give me a "download link" to both models.  See here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for a perfect report to reproduce your issue.

I have no idea what models you have. .. And I have no idea what your goal is. How should I therefore find a solution for your problem?
Describe what you have ... and what you want! Provide the links to the models. Create a picture of what the result should look like ... and describe how it is supposed to work. Idea

The simple rule for report writing is 'Could someone replicate your experiment using the information you have provided them with?'. Reports are intended to be read by someone who knows nothing about your project.

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by ran76 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:05 pm

when I said Apocalypse hose I was referring to this:
the hose connects from his arm to his back

ran76
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL on Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:02 am

Thanks for the download link Wink Sad

This is easy to do:

• The "hose" has 2 bones, called "unused hose 01" and "unused hose 02". You can hide this bones, or you can use it as "Adjust" bones.
  • Both bones are not connected together.
  • The direction of "unused hose 01" is from arm  "arm right wrist" to the center of the "hose".
  • The parent of "unused hose 01" is "arm right elbow" !!!!!!!!
  • The direction of "unused hose 02" is from the back "spine upper" to the center of the "hose".
  • The parent of "unused hose 02" is "spine upper"

BTW:
Personally, I would NOT use any new bones for the hose, instead I would use the bone weights (and bones) of the arms. ut this decision depends on how the mesh was constructed. (How the mesh looks in Relaxed pose)

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by ran76 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:04 pm

Ok thanks, I'll give this a try and let you know if it worked for what I have planned

ran76
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top