XNA Posing Studio XPS 11.2 -- Wild Hunt Edition -- release 179

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by XNAaraL on Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Download link XNALara_XPS.zip
http://core-design.com/community_xps.html

• "Commands-->Run Import script ..." to load TW3 .w2mesh files
  • "Modify-->Save Scene as .mesh (Merge all visible items into a single file)
  • "Modify-->Change mesh part color"
  • "Modify-->Recalculate normals"
  • "Modify-->Material Editor"

First, prepare your enviroment:
- Unpack the game data with QuickBMS and the texture files as .tga with wcc_lite.
- Create a text file called XNALara_XPS\TW3.cfg with the path to your texture images ... like
Code:

C:\Uncooked\

1. Import all game data

2. Hide unneeded models by disabling the "Show" (Model visibility) button.

3 .Merge

5. Finish ... Load the result (Generic_Item.mesh) from step 3 and pose the model

How to unpack the TW3 game data? Read more there http://sta.sh/03rtmaoli1e

Last edited by XNAaraL on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:23 am; edited 4 times in total

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 688

Back to top Go down

Re: XNA Posing Studio XPS 11.2 -- Wild Hunt Edition -- release 179

Post by XNAaraL on Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:15 am

New Beta version again.

"Modify-->Change mesh part color" Ctrl+K

and

"Modify-->Recalculate normals" Ctrl+N (The TW3 importer script makes this by default ... but useful for other porters)

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by xranger60 on Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:12 pm

XNAaraL wrote:New Beta version again.
"Modify-->Change mesh part color" Ctrl+K

Cool, this makes color changes convenient. Thanks.

xranger60
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL on Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:35 pm

n.p.

No more Notepad

Material Editor

http://sta.sh/01v08aabgzik

First page updated

Last edited by XNAaraL on Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by ankka on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:27 am

i don't really understand what i see. does it mean it's way more easier to meshmod than before ? looks life a powerful and useful tool.

ankka
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfBane on Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:59 pm

I keep receiving this error when I try to access the Make items optional menu:

Code:
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

--------------------------------

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at XNALara.PoseFilterDialog.SetMeshVisibleTo(Mesh lastMesh, Boolean bVisible)
   at XNALara.PoseFilterDialog.listBox_SelectedValueChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListControl.OnSelectedValueChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedValueChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.SetSelected(Int32 index, Boolean value)
   at XNALara.PoseFilterDialog.ConstructorMethode(Game game, String dialogTitle, String labelText, ICollection`1 boneNames, Boolean allSelectedByDefault, SelectionMode selectionMode, Boolean showSelectedItem, Item item)
   at XNALara.PoseFilterDialog..ctor(Game game, String dialogTitle, String labelText, ICollection`1 boneNames, Boolean allSelectedByDefault, Boolean multi, Boolean showSelectedItem, Item item)
   at XNALara.ControlGUI.makeItemsOptionalToolStripMenuItem_Click(Boolean askVisibleByDefault)
   at XNALara.ControlGUI.makeItemsOptionalToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
XNALara-XPS
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 11.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///P:/XNALara-XPS/XNALara%20XPS.exe
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game
    Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.0.11010.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game/3.0.0.0__6d5c3888ef60e27d/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.dll
Microsoft.Xna.Framework
    Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.0.11010.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/Microsoft.Xna.Framework/3.0.0.0__6d5c3888ef60e27d/Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5491 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5492 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
msvcm80
    Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.6195
    Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.6195
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/WinSxS/x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a/msvcm80.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Never had this error with other versions of XPS. Can you help?

WolfBane
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL on Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:18 am

I can not reproduce this issue. Please provide a step by step instructions to reproduce this behavior.

If you have to report a bug to a programmer who can't be present in person, the aim of the exercise is to enable them to reproduce the problem. You want the programmer to run their own copy of the program, do the same things to it, and make it fail in the same way. When they can see the problem happening in front of their eyes, then they can deal with it.
So tell exactly what you did. It's a graphical program, tell us which buttons you pressed and what order you pressed them in. And tell us which model(s) was loaded, best with download link

The programmer will want to know anything you can find out about the problem. Try it on another machine, perhaps. Try it twice or three times and see how often it fails. If it goes wrong when you're doing serious work but not when you're trying to demonstrate it, it might be long running times or large files that make it fall over. Try to remember as much detail as you can about what you were doing to it when it did fall over, and if you see any patterns, mention them. Anything you can provide has to be some help. Even if it's only probabilistic (such as "it tends to crash more often when Blender is running"), it might not provide direct clues to the cause of the problem, but it might help the programmer reproduce it.

Most importantly, the programmer will want to be sure of whether they're dealing with a true intermittent fault or a machine-specific fault. They will want to know lots of details about your computer, so they can work out how it differs from theirs. A lot of these details will depend on the particular program, but one thing you should definitely be ready to provide is version numbers. The version number of the program itself, and the version number of the operating system, and probably the version numbers of any other programs that are involved in the problem.
At this stage, the programmer is effectively doing detective work. They don't know what's happened, and they can't get close enough to watch it happening for themselves, so they are searching for clues that might give it away.

WolfBane wrote:I keep receiving this error when I try to access the Make items optional menu:
Code:
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
Can you help?
Just click Continue.

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Solved with XPS 11.3

Post by WolfBane on Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:49 pm

XNAaraL wrote:I can not reproduce this issue. Please provide a step by step instructions to reproduce this behavior.

If you have to report a bug to a programmer who can't be present in person, the aim of the exercise is to enable them to reproduce the problem. You want the programmer to run their own copy of the program, do the same things to it, and make it fail in the same way. When they can see the problem happening in front of their eyes, then they can deal with it.
So tell exactly what you did. It's a graphical program, tell us which buttons you pressed and what order you pressed them in. And tell us which model(s) was loaded, best with download link

The programmer will want to know anything you can find out about the problem. Try it on another machine, perhaps. Try it twice or three times and see how often it fails. If it goes wrong when you're doing serious work but not when you're trying to demonstrate it, it might be long running times or large files that make it fall over. Try to remember as much detail as you can about what you were doing to it when it did fall over, and if you see any patterns, mention them. Anything you can provide has to be some help. Even if it's only probabilistic (such as "it tends to crash more often when Blender is running"), it might not provide direct clues to the cause of the problem, but it might help the programmer reproduce it.

Most importantly, the programmer will want to be sure of whether they're dealing with a true intermittent fault or a machine-specific fault. They will want to know lots of details about your computer, so they can work out how it differs from theirs. A lot of these details will depend on the particular program, but one thing you should definitely be ready to provide is version numbers. The version number of the program itself, and the version number of the operating system, and probably the version numbers of any other programs that are involved in the problem.
At this stage, the programmer is effectively doing detective work. They don't know what's happened, and they can't get close enough to watch it happening for themselves, so they are searching for clues that might give it away.

WolfBane wrote:I keep receiving this error when I try to access the Make items optional menu:
Code:
Can you help?
Just click Continue.
The problem occurs after I export a model from blender. I still use version 2.49b with the xnalara import/export plugin. But I also have the newest version of blender 2.7+ with the newest scripts installed. Same deal. I narrowed the problem down to a mesh error with the skin. For example, in older versions of xps, it would separate a big mesh into smaller pieces (because of the bone-limit). But after exporting a merged skin mesh from blender, I get this error when I try to access the Make items optional or the Material Editor menu:  

Clicking "Continue" doesn't solve the issue since the whole model turns invisible, with only the bones visible.

Only way to make it visible again is removing the model and reloading, but the error is still there. However, checking the model in an older version of XPS (11.1 for example), the model doesn't give this error. Taking a model exported from version 11.1, I loaded it into 11.2 and the error doesn't occur, the skin mesh however is separated into smaller pieces:

Separating the meshes then re-exporting in blender doesn't solve the problem; it persists. The error also carries over if you try to re-export the erroneous model into a new mesh/ascii/xps file using edition 11.2. Really not sure what exactly could be causing this problem.

As for my computer specs, mine is a bit outdated. Emachines, Intel Pentium Processor E5400, OS is Windows 7, 64-bit, NViDia GeForce 7050 Integrated, 4GB Ram. I also use Microsoft XNA Framework 3.0. I use Wild Hunt Edition 11.2 now; before that I used Osiris Edition 11.1. I never had this issue with prior versions of XPS; everything ran smoothly until now.

I hope all of this is helpful. Neutral

EDIT: Here's a link to one of the troublesome models I DL'd if it helps:
Code:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/bznj7w

WolfBane
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content