Post Processing On Model - Not Scene

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post Processing On Model - Not Scene

Post by daventry on Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:07 pm

Is is possible to make XPS use Post Processing On Model, to make it Glow or give better Effects, then i Load Next Model and give it Better Effects and Glow, thus i Save Generic with Model that has Glow and Better Effects.

Next time i Load Model, it Immediately have Glow and Effects, no need for Render Group Glow/Lighting Effects.

At Post Processing Box, there should be Effects Button for Scene or Model.

Would be Cool if possible

daventry
XNALara user
XNALara user

Male Сообщения : 82

Back to top Go down

does not make sense

Post by XNAaraL on Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:58 am

daventry wrote:Is is possible to make XPS use Post Processing On Model, to make it Glow or give better Effects, then i Load Next Model and give it Better Effects and Glow, thus i Save Generic with Model that has Glow and Better Effects.

Next time i Load Model, it Immediately have Glow and Effects, no need for Render Group Glow/Lighting Effects.

At Post Processing Box, there should be Effects Button for Scene or Model.

Would be Cool if possible

Your request does not make sense !
What is post-processing?
Technically, here's what it is:
(And yay, for once they've actually come up with a descriptive name, as you'll see)

First, you render your game the normal way, except for one thing. Instead of rendering to the screen (after which you can't do anything with it), you render it and save it as a texture.

Then you load up that texture, run a hell of a lot of shaders on that, and render the result to the screen.
Post-processing. Processing done *after* rendering.

The advantage is that you can then work on the final image, whereas in the first pass, you work on each object in isolation. You don't know which background the object is rendered against, what kind of colors are used in the entire scene, the average lighting levels and so on.

All that can be computed as a postprocessing pass. Then you can make bloom lighting (simply find bright areas and smear them out a bit), depth of field or a million other effects. Post-processing is basically just image manipulation, similar to what you can do in photoshop.

It's also slow, because it requires a second render pass. And obviously, it's 100% GPU-dependant. (more specifically, 100% pixel (2D image) shader-dependant. Vertex (3D model) shaders are useless for the second pass, since all you really render is a screen-sized rectangle (4 vertices), with a texture on it)
running a vertex shader on 4 vertices is unlikely to stress any GPU. It's when all the pixel shaders have to be run a second time that the performance hit occurs
Why your request doesn't make sense?
Because "Post Processing " edit the finished 2D render Image, and a 2D Image contains no 3D models!

About "Glow Effect":
I am puzzled that XNALara user not understand what is  a "Glow Shader Effect". A model with "Glow Effect" means just a 3D model which does not react to the illumination of a scene. Regardless whether the lights of the scene are switched ON or OFF, the model with Glow effect, always has the same brightness and the same color (defined with the glow-map). A glowing map (texture) is one that does not require another form of light to be lit up. This does not mean that the surface will appear pure white, just that the face will ignore any light it would receive. This is a key feature as a "glowing" black stays black and does not get brighter. The face achieves what is called fullbright, where the texture's pixels appear exactly the same color as they were saved.

The glow affect only the model surface and never covers the surrounding area. If you want a glow around the model shape, then this model needs a 2nd surrounding model with the glow effect assigned to it. See "Thors Belt" as example.
Read more there [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In the "Render Group table", here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are a lot shader with GLOW. A GLOW effect is thus always "3d model" based, and not dependent on the Scene.
Again:
"Post Processing " edit the finished 2D render Image, and a 2D Image contains no 3D models!

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 688

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top