Model not appearing anymore

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Model not appearing anymore

Post by PiscesCardinale on Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:38 am

Hello and nice to meet everyone here,i recently started to use XNalara and have created a beautiful pose with a model from deviantart and i have saved it as ''export scene obj. so i can smoothen it with blender but i changed my mind and i decided to load it again in xnalara to create a pose with the specific stance but when i load the obj. it lo longer appears...so i want to know do i have to start again from 0 or is there any other way to open this obj. with xnalara i have spend several hours to create the stance and would not like to start again.. 
PiscesCardinale
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 4

Back to top Go down

Re: Model not appearing anymore

Post by XNAaraL on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:54 am

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

To store a pose with XNALara/XPS ... you should use "File-->Save pose"

You cannot Change the pose of a model in .OBJ file format. This format dont support a armature.

Sure, you can always load a .obj file with XNALara/XPS. Dont know what is the problem in your issue. Please send my the model folder as .zip archive for testing.

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 688

Back to top Go down

Post by PiscesCardinale on Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:46 pm

XNAaraL wrote:Hello and welcome to the Forum.

To store a pose with XNALara/XPS ... you should use "File-->Save pose"

You cannot Change the pose of a model in .OBJ file format. This format dont support a armature.

Sure, you can always load a .obj file with XNALara/XPS. Dont know what is the problem in your issue. Please send my the model folder as .zip archive for testing.
Thanks,i have another question how to export models from Blender to XNALARA? i've added the asci script but it still doesn't work when i try to lead the model from blender file i get this error:''Could not load OBJ fille.Invalid face missing normal index(line15785).''
PiscesCardinale
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

how to export models from Blender to XNALara/XPS

Post by XNAaraL on Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:11 am

Cum se pun întrebări în mod inteligent [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Spoiler:

• You never mentioned what version of Blender you used.
  • You never mentioned what version of XNALara/XPS you used.
  • You never mentioned what version of exporter you used.
  • You never mentioned what version of Operating System you used.
  • You never mentioned which Actions (menu items or actions) you has performed.
  • You never mentioned what Kind of model you has used.
  • You never mentioned what are your goal ... what you want to to.
  • You has never show us a screen.

So i have to use my crystal ball Sad

1. If you have made a new model and armature with Blender (2.49b)
  2. and if you have triangulate the faces
  3. and if you have unwrap the model [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  4. and if you have generalize the mode (with 'render groups' and parameters ... using the Blender "Object Name" field) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  5. and if you have add a material (texture with Image mapped to uv [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  6. and if you have 'bone weighted' the mesh
  7. and if you have installed the Blender Export script version 2.5  http://xnalara.home-forum.com/t55-part-1-preparation-of-work-place ... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  8. and if you have exported the model as .mesh.ascii with the filename 'Generic_Item.mesh.ascii'
  9. and the black Blender console dont shows any warnings or errors:
  10. Blender-->File-->Export-->MeshAsciiExt v2.5 (.mesh.ascii)

11. then you can Import this model (Generic_Item.mesh.ascii) into the latest XPS 10 (Preview Edition) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with
    XPS-->Modify-->Load Generic_Item
    as Generic_Item.mesh.ascii .... without any trouble.

Spoiler:

• If you has exported the model with "Blender-->File-->Export-->Wavefront (.obj) ..."
  • then you have to import the model into XPS with "XPS-->Modify-->Load static .obj"

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by PiscesCardinale on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:50 am

XNAaraL wrote:Cum se pun întrebări în mod inteligent [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Spoiler:

• You never mentioned what version of Blender you used.
  • You never mentioned what version of XNALara/XPS you used.
  • You never mentioned what version of exporter you used.
  • You never mentioned what version of Operating System you used.
  • You never mentioned which Actions (menu items or actions) you has performed.
  • You never mentioned what Kind of model you has used.
  • You never mentioned what are your goal ... what you want to to.
  • You has never show us a screen.

So i have to use my crystal ball Sad

1. If you have made a new model and armature with Blender (2.49b)
  2. and if you have triangulate the faces
  3. and if you have unwrap the model [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  4. and if you have generalize the mode (with 'render groups' and parameters ... using the Blender "Object Name" field) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  5. and if you have add a material (texture with Image mapped to uv [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  6. and if you have 'bone weighted' the mesh
  7. and if you have installed the Blender Export script version 2.5  http://xnalara.home-forum.com/t55-part-1-preparation-of-work-place ... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  8. and if you have exported the model as .mesh.ascii with the filename 'Generic_Item.mesh.ascii'
  9. and the black Blender console dont shows any warnings or errors:
  10. Blender-->File-->Export-->MeshAsciiExt v2.5 (.mesh.ascii)

11. then you can Import this model (Generic_Item.mesh.ascii) into the latest XPS 10 (Preview Edition) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with
    XPS-->Modify-->Load Generic_Item
    as Generic_Item.mesh.ascii .... without any trouble.

Spoiler:

• If you has exported the model with "Blender-->File-->Export-->Wavefront (.obj) ..."
  • then you have to import the model into XPS with "XPS-->Modify-->Load static .obj"

Lol how was i supposed to know all this and i could't even post a screenshot because i was too new and the forum did't even let me,i was being very serious when i asked that question why are you insulting me and posting stuff in a different laguage which i can't understand?
PiscesCardinale
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Reports that don't give enough information

Post by XNAaraL on Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:09 am

PiscesCardinale wrote:Lol how was i supposed to know all this
I repeat:
You has never tell us your Goal. You have talk about your misstakes, but you has never say "what you want to do"!
So, I have to use my crystal ball., to find what you want. And I have to use my crystal ball., to see what you needs to know ...  to solve your problem.

Perhaps you can see what you are doing wrong ... by reading your words:

You says: " i've added the asci script but it still doesn't work "
This means:  "My script is wrong???" ...  my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] says   
"It doesn't work. ... Give the programmer some credit for basic intelligence: if the program really didn't work at all, they would probably have noticed. Since they haven't noticed, it must be working for them. Therefore, either you are doing something differently from them, or your environment is different from theirs. They need information; providing this information is the purpose of a bug report. More information is almost always better than less."

You says: " i've added the asci script " ... "try to lead the model from blender file " ... "i get this error:''Could not load OBJ fille."
This means: You have Blender experience, and you are not a beginner !? ... But you export  a model using the .ASCII Format AND you want to Import the result as .OBJ Format ... Really! ??? " ...  my [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] says
"So I loaded the disk on to my Windows . . .  Writing clearly is essential in a bug report. If the programmer can't tell what you meant, you might as well not have said anything. "

About what you are talking?

• XNALara/XPS file format == .mesh.ascii ??
  • Blender file format  == .blend ??
  • Wavefront OBJ Format == .obj ??

These are three very different formats. And in the first post, you have talk about the XNALara .pose format. Also a different issue. You has not solved your first problem ... and now you try to solve the next problem ... I am sure, at this time you have already the next trouble.

Summary
• The first aim of a bug report is to let the programmer see the failure with their own eyes. If you can't be with them to make it fail in front of them, give them detailed instructions so that they can make it fail for themselves.
• In case the first aim doesn't succeed, and the programmer can't see it failing themselves, the second aim of a bug report is to describe what went wrong. Describe everything in detail. State what you saw, and also state what you expected to see. Write down the error messages, especially if they have numbers in.
• When your computer does something unexpected, freeze. Do nothing until you're calm, and don't do anything that you think might be dangerous.
• By all means try to diagnose the fault yourself if you think you can, but if you do, you should still report the symptoms as well.
• Be ready to provide extra information if the programmer needs it. If they didn't need it, they wouldn't be asking for it. They aren't being deliberately awkward. Have version numbers at your fingertips, because they will probably be needed.
• Write clearly. Say what you mean, and make sure it can't be misinterpreted.
• Above all, be precise. Programmers like precision.

PiscesCardinale wrote:Lol I was being very serious when i asked that question
Reports that don't give enough Information.
Do the best you can to anticipate the questions a modder will ask, and answer them in advance in your request for help.

Giving modders the ability to reproduce the problem in a controlled environment is especially important if you are reporting something you think is a bug in code. When you do this, your odds of getting a useful answer and the speed with which you are likely to get that answer both improve tremendously.

Be explicit about your question.

Open-ended questions tend to be perceived as open-ended time sinks. Those people most likely to be able to give you a useful answer are also the busiest people (if only because they take on the most work themselves). People like that are allergic to open-ended time sinks, thus they tend to be allergic to open-ended questions.

You are more likely to get a useful response if you are explicit about what you want respondents to do (provide link to the base models, used tutorials, error message screen, used application name and release level ... whatever). This will focus their effort and implicitly put an upper bound on the time and energy a respondent must allocate to helping you. This is good.

To understand the world the experts live in, think of expertise as an abundant resource and time to respond as a scarce one. The less of a time commitment you implicitly ask for, the more likely you are to get an answer from someone really good and really busy.

Hint

Simon Tatham has written an excellent essay entitled [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I strongly recommend that you read it.
Eric Steven Raymond has written an excellent essay entitled [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I strongly recommend that you read it.

We're (largely) volunteers. We take time out of busy lives to answer questions, and at times we're overwhelmed with them. So I filter ruthlessly. But it's simply not efficient for us to try to help people, who are not willing to give us the possibility to help.
I invest my time to formulate questions about the details. Might I ask, why you are not willing to give the details of your problem?
When you report a problem, you are doing so because you want the bug fixed. There is no point in swearing at the programmer or being deliberately unhelpful: it may be their fault and your problem, and you might be right to be angry with them, but the problem will get fixed faster if you help them by supplying all the information they need. Remember also that if the program is free, then the author is providing it out of kindness, so if too many people are rude to them then they may stop feeling kind.

Abstract:

In a nutshell, the aim of a good report is to enable the tutor to see the tutorial failing in front of them. You can either show them in person, or give them careful and detailed instructions on how to make it fail. If they can make it fail, they will try to gather extra information until they know the cause. If they can't make it fail, they will have to ask you to gather that information for them.

PiscesCardinale wrote: why are you insulting me ?

Dealing with rudeness

Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy.

When you perceive rudeness, try to react calmly. If someone is really acting out, it is very likely a senior person on the list or newsgroup or forum will call him or her on it. If that doesn't happen and you lose your temper, it is likely that the person you lose it at was behaving within the hacker community's norms and you will be considered at fault. This will hurt your chances of getting the information or help you want.

On the other hand, you will occasionally run across rudeness and posturing that is quite gratuitous. The flip-side of the above is that it is acceptable form to slam real offenders quite hard, dissecting their misbehavior with a sharp verbal scalpel. Be very, very sure of your ground before you try this, however. The line between correcting an incivility and starting a pointless flamewar is thin enough that hackers themselves not infrequently blunder across it; if you are a newbie or an outsider, your chances of avoiding such a blunder are low. If you're after information rather than entertainment, it's better to keep your fingers off the keyboard than to risk this.

(Some people assert that many hackers have a mild form of autism or Asperger's Syndrome, and are actually missing some of the brain circuitry that lubricates “normal” human social interaction. This may or may not be true. If you are not a hacker yourself, it may help you cope with our eccentricities if you think of us as being brain-damaged. Go right ahead. We won't care; we like being whatever it is we are, and generally have a healthy skepticism about clinical labels.)

BTW:
My answer, was a step by step tutorial to solve YOUR problem. This short instruction contains 12 bullets and 2 Images. Your question looks like written in english. My description is written in english. English is not my native language. English is not the language from this Forum. Take a look below your Avatar: Сообщения:  3
... this is russian Wink
In my opinion, writing a step by step tutorial is NOT "insulting somebody" ... Especially not if here exists in this forum, a complete online video tutorial about modding with Blender for XNALara. A tutorial which you not have watched. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... And YOU ask "Lol how was i supposed to know all this!" ... You simply doing something ... without informing you beforehand ... and expect that others will help you? And than, If others spend there time, you say "why are you insulting me ?

In the next section, we'll talk about a different issue; the kind of “rudeness” you'll see when you misbehave.

PiscesCardinale wrote: why are you posting stuff in a different laguage which i can't understand?
In your profile, you has say "Location Romanian" Wink According to my Information, the people in Romania speak Romanian.

If you want a translation, then this languages are available: Arabic Bahasa Indonesian Belorussian Brazilo-Portuguese Chinese Czech Dutch [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] French Georgian German Greek Hebrew Japanese Polish Portuguese Romanian [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Serbian Spanish Swedish Thai
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way -- by Eric Steven Raymond [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by PiscesCardinale on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:20 pm

I came on this forum to have an xnalara related question answered not from what country i am,maybe i was on a fake ip because i want my country origin private,your job was a simple one and that is to respond to my question not to discuss manners,ethnicity or other but i see you can't help me at all,all of that big text only confuses me even more and i'm starting to think that this is the wrong place to ask questions about xnalara program.I'm actually Italian:) but i like to talk in english do you have anything agaist it? or maybe you have something with me because i'm an anime fan eh  racist?

So now newly when an forum admin can't answere a member's question,the admin of the forum tries to cast the blame on a new member?
I do not need you to paste stuff from wikipedia that's a lousy excuse that you cannot answere my question i'm very disappointed i was looking for an easy explanation that's all Rolling Eyes
PiscesCardinale
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Internet is neither an anonymous space, nor a space of no-right!

Post by XNAaraL on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:06 am

PiscesCardinale wrote:Your job was a simple one and that is to respond to my question
lol! This is of course not my job.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Spoiler:

Moderators are individuals (or groups of individuals) whose job it is to look after the running of the forums from day to day. They have the power to edit or delete posts and lock, unlock, move, delete and split topics in the forum they moderate. Generally moderators are there to prevent people going off-topic or posting abusive or offensive material.

Spoiler:

Administrators are people assigned the highest level of control over the entire board. These people can control all facets of board operation which include setting permissions, banning users, creating usergroups or moderators, etc. They also have full moderator capabilities in all the forums.

And this is what I do now. What I am doing you do not understand now, but afterward you will understand.
Bye Bye

BTW:

There are also plenty of commercial companies you can contract with for help, both large and small. Don't be dismayed at the idea of having to pay for a bit of help! After all, if your car engine blows a head gasket, chances are you would take it to a repair shop and pay to get it fixed. Even if the software didn't cost you anything, you can't expect that support to always come for free.

PiscesCardinale wrote:I was looking for an easy explanation that's al
More easy explanation then this:
Or more easy explanation then this:
XNAaraL wrote:

Spoiler:

???  Evil or Very Mad

PiscesCardinale wrote:When an forum admin can't answere a member's question
Yes I can do it. Watch again my quote above. Wink
I am not the 'forum admin'. I am a Moderator ... and I am the developer of XNALara/XPS and the " ascii script "

PiscesCardinale wrote:I starting to think that this is the wrong place to ask questions about XNALara program
lol!
Before posting to any Web forum, check if it has a Search feature. If it does, try a couple of keyword searches for something like your problem; it just might help. If you did a general Web search before (as you should have), search the forum anyway; your Web-wide search engine might not have all of this forum indexed recently.

Hint:
Make it clear you appreciate the time people spend helping you for free, and remember, even if the software didn't cost you anything, you can't expect that support to always come for free. For example, do not assume that the author of an informative webpage wants to be your free consultant. Do not make optimistic guesses about whether your question will be welcome — if you're unsure, send it elsewhere, or refrain from sending it at all. Idea

------------------------------------
Edit to add:
Before you try to ask this "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]"
Spoiler:

The most likely reasons for this are: you entered an incorrect username or password (check the e-mail you were sent when you first registered) or the administrator has deleted your account for some reason.

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top