Help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help!

Post by zulija on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:18 pm

OKay, I'm not exactly new to XNALara, but there are a still a few things I don't understand. First, I would like to know how to merge arms from a separate model to another body.

I don't know how to attach the arms to the shoulders so when I move the shoulders the arms move as well. Help?

Also, to which bone should I attach them? Do I need another program for that?

Thanks in advance.
zulija
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Female Сообщения : 4

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by XNAaraL on Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:26 pm

1) How to merge arms from a separate model to another body.
- Rename the Body mesh to character.mesh
- Rename the arms mesh to outfit.mesh
+ Now load first the body model with File-->Add
+ After this, load the arms model with File-->Add
+ XPS, since "XPS 10.9.4 -- Wardrobe Edition Release -- release 164" merge automatically both parts.

2) How to attach the arms to another separate Body model. Which bone should you attach them
+ Load first the body model with File-->Add
+ After this, load the arms model with File-->Add
+ Invoke, with selected arm model, "Options-->Add to ..."
+ Choose the Body model
+ Choose the bone "spine upper"

3.) How to attach the arms to the shoulders
+ Load first the body model, which have the shoulders with File-->Add
+ After this, load the "left arm" model with File-->Add
+ Choose the Body model
+ Choose the bone "arm left shoulder 1"

+ After this, load the "right arm" model with File-->Add
+ Choose the Body model
+ Choose the bone "arm right shoulder 1"

Hint:
If you not have a "left arm" and a separate "right arm" model, then select, inside the control window, the bone node "arm right" ... press twice the button "Mode" to Switch to the "Mode: scale" and scale the the right arm to Zero size. Now save the model with "Modify-->Save GenericItem ..." and mark the option "modify armature according to the current pose" inside a new folder "arm_left"
Make the same for the "right arm" model.

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 688

Back to top Go down

Post by zulija on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:06 pm

i did that, but the arms won't stay attached to the model. After I save the new model and load it afterwards, the arm disappears.
zulija
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:51 am

zulija wrote:i did that, but the arms won't stay attached to the model. After I save the new model and load it afterwards, the arm disappears.
1) What exactly have you done?

2) Followed the manual one, or two, or third part? These are 3 very different ways.

3) Are you really sure you are using the latest version of XPS? It sounds like you are using a version before "XPS 10.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2 -- Countdown Axis Edition -- release 174"

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by zulija on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:46 am

I have followed the third part, and after loading the saved model it misses the arms. I have version 10.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1
Where can I download the new one? I can't find a download link here.
zulija
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by zulija on Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:30 pm

I have downloaded the newest version and I think I know what the problem is. When I save the newly combined models, it won't save the generic item or mesh file automatically. I have to do it manually, and even then it won't work. And yes, I click all the options in the box.

Btw, I have talked to a few people, and they have the same error. The program won't save the generic item, only the xps file.
zulija
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL on Thu May 01, 2014 2:51 pm

- "When U save the newly combined models ... it won't save automatically ... U have to do it manually" ... Sure. XPS has no "Crystal ball" and dont know if you have done your work.
- "the generic item or mesh file" ... confused ... I have developed XPS .. but please tell me "What is the difference between a Generic_Item and Mesh file? I dont know this.
- "You have talked to a few people, and they have the same error." .. Then you have talked to the wrong people.
- "even then it won't work" ... Works fine for me

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and works fine for others

- The program won't save the generic item, only the xps file." ... LOL ... Very LOL ...

- Why you want to save your result ... which have XPS features ... using the old Generic_Item format ... which dont supports this XPS features?  Now I understand WHY some parts of you work are missing.
- "yes, U click all the options in the box." ... Really? All ? ... Impossible! ...  XPS cannot have checked "Generic_Item.mesh" and "Generic_Item.mesh.ascii" at the same time. ... For example.

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum