Obtaining models?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Obtaining models?

Post by ani_cat_candy on Sat May 18, 2013 7:14 am

I've been playing with XNALara for a while and love it. There's just a few characters I'd like to play with that no one will rip and/or put up for download.

I just got the pc version of the game.. How do I rip the characters from it? What programs do y'all use? Would it be possible to rip a character and keep all their rigging intact (I really suck at rigging lol)?

Any help is greatly appreciated. <3

ani_cat_candy
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Female Сообщения : 4

Back to top Go down

Re: Obtaining models?

Post by XNAaraL on Tue May 21, 2013 7:32 am

There are a few thousand models for this Xna Posing Sudio. More than for any other Model Viewer or posing program. Wink

U have the PC version of which game?

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 688

Back to top Go down

Post by ani_cat_candy on Tue May 21, 2013 9:47 am

Didn't think it really mattered which game. Figured the process would be similar for any of them.

Assassin's Creed I & II (ultimate collection)

ani_cat_candy
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL on Wed May 22, 2013 5:49 am

If you think so.
If I didn't need the information, I wouldn't be asking for this. I aren't being deliberately awkward

Tomb Raider Underworld (TRU), for example, store all data inside a 'bigfile'.
You can extract all kinds of data files from the TRU "bigfiles" using UnpackTRU, a program written by Dusan Pavlicek. Be prepared that you'll need a lot of free harddisk space to extract everything Wink

The data are not named. You need a list with the hash codes ... or try everything.
Here are lists of hashcodes of various models and scenes for different language versions of the game:
English/Multi6: hashcodes_en_multi.txt
Polish/Czech/Hungarian: hashcodes_pl_cz_hu.txt
Russian: hashcodes_ru.txt

• Launch UnpackTRU
  • Mark 'mesh + bones (.mesh.ascii)'
  • Extract the model, which you want.

• Open the result file model.mesh.ascii with notepad.
  • Search the strings Mesh00 above the line
    # uv layers
    and prefix this text with the right material number using this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... for example 33_Mesh001
  • Change the line below # textures with the right texture image name ... for example x003A.dds
    Code:

2 # meshes
    32_Mesh001
    1 # uv layers
    1 # textures
    x003.dds
    0 # uv layer index
    4_Mesh002
    1 # uv layers
    2 # textures
    x003A.dds
    0 # uv layer index
    x003E.dds
    0 # uv layer index
  • Save the file with the name Generic_Item.mesh.ascii
  • Launch XPS
  • Load the file Generic_Item.mesh.ascii with Modify-->Load Generic_Item

• Convert the model with Modify-->Save GenericItem using the default file name xps.xps

Assassin's Creed I & II (ultimate collection) needs some steps more ...

• Search a extractor or unpacker for this game files. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  • Search a importer for Blender or 3ds max [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  • Perhaps search a converter
  • Install the .mesh.ascii exporter script for Blender [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    or 3dsmax8 - 3dsmax2012 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    or 3ds max 2013 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  • Open the result file .mesh.ascii with notepad.
  • Follow the steps above

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by ani_cat_candy on Wed May 22, 2013 1:08 pm

0_0 You're awesome!
I'll get on it as soon as my internet connection decides to stop being an ass.
YAY! <3 <3 <3

lol the thought they'd all be similar was just a noob assumption. I didn't mean to sound rude or anything. Embarassed

ani_cat_candy
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

When I buy a game, what do I actually pay for?

Post by XNAaraL on Thu May 23, 2013 5:56 am

n.p.

BTW: Take a look here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
or here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

However, remind that when you extract and view models from a copyrighted program or game, those models are also owned by the copyright holder, and you may not distribute them without having a permission document granted by the proper owner.

When you purchase a game from the store, you tangibly receive a specialized piece of plastic with software on it, and some packaging. Everything else is intangible: rights, a license, guarantees, etc.

Typically, and I can't stress that word enough, what you get in layman's terms is a license to use the software on the disc for personal use in the privacy of your own home and a guarantee that the hardware disc is free from defects in workmanship. You do not receive any copyright rights over the content, nor does the license permit you to duplicate or redistribute the content (well, it does to some extent, usually for backup and for actually installing and running the software).

When you extract the content and then share the model or a image, what you're doing is duplicating a portion of the audiovisual intellectual property in the software and redistributing it in a different form. That's why it's a copyright violation, and that is why the license you are granted as an end user doesn't permit it.

Abstract:
Don't I "own" the content I paid for?

No.

Or have I only paid for the service i.e. the ability to be able to play the game and only that?

Yes.

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Back to top Go down

Post by ani_cat_candy on Thu May 23, 2013 9:55 am

You are a saint! I was drowning in those forums trying to find that download.

*gives huggles and cookies*

ani_cat_candy
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top