Windows 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows 8

Post by kaylans on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:28 pm

I just got a new computer with Windows 8 64bit. I installed XNA Framework 4.0 but when I try to launch XPS, it says "XPS has stopped working". Any advise? XPS works great on my work computer (Windows 7).

kaylans
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Female Сообщения : 1

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 8

Post by XNAaraL on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:08 am

The same issue like with Windows 7:
XPS does not works with the XNA framework 4.x and XPS does not works with the .NET Framework 4.x !

XPS required the Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 3.0
You WILL NEED also the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

Since Windows 8 is built on the strong foundation of Windows 7, any app built for Windows will run in the Windows 8 desktop environment. This includes apps based on XNA, Win32, .NET, WPF, Silverlight, etc.

The .NET Framework 4.5 is included with Windows 8 and installed on your computer with the operating system. However, the .NET Framework 3.5 is not automatically installed with Windows 8! To run applications that require the .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 8, like XPS, you must enable .NET version 3.5 on your computer. There are two ways you can do this:
  • by installing or running an application that requires the .NET Framework 3.5 (that is, by installing the .NET Framework 3.5 on demand), or
  • by enabling the .NET Framework 3.5 in Control Panel.

Both options require an Internet connection.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

After this, install the Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 3.0 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and enjoy.

Or try the Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 3.1 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... not tested with W8 at this time ... works NOT with W7

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 688

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top