Help: Porting a character, it receives light wrongly.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help: Porting a character, it receives light wrongly.

Post by Adngel on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:43 am

Good morning. flower

I have been using XPS 10.8.5 recently but yesterday, I had a problem which I don't know why occurs.

I rigged the character in 3ds max, and set his materials as always, but when I port that one with the GeMeshAsciiToBin, and I open it in XPS, she receives the light source from a diferente way.

Here is a image (I put in spoiler because it's big).
Spoiler:

The Ada and Chris works fine, but Carla, the character of the middle, is who are giving me this problem.

- It's skeleton it's almost the same that the other woman who are in the image, so I don't think it were by any wrong rotation.
- I've check her materials quickly, but I neither saw any noticeable different with the other Ada's model.

Has anyone any idea of why this happens or how could be solved? scratch

Thank you for your time Smile

/-------------------------------------------------/
Fixed

I had this problem again with other model, and I fix it re-exporting from XNALara to 3dsMax, and re-importing to XNALara again.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Adngel on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Adngel
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 2

Back to top Go down

Re: Help: Porting a character, it receives light wrongly.

Post by XNAaraL on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:30 am

Hi,

1. Check the Vertex Normals. This have to point to the outside!

2. Try XPS 10.8.8 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] because since this version, the bump mapping shading works correctly the first time.
  3. And convert the .mesh.ascii file with Modify-->Load Generic and Modify-->Save Generic because the tool GeMeshAsciiToBin are outdated since long time (some versions has a Shading-BUG, and the XPS version 10.8.5 also)
  4. Check the normal map images (materials). You can do this using XPS 10.8.8 with Modifiy-->Flags

Use the button Test and hit OK if the map works fine.

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 688

Back to top Go down

Post by Adngel on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Thank you for the answer Very Happy But, after all, it didn't work No

I think that I already know what happened, when I started at the begin, the .obj model of that woman was rotate 90º, (she was looking to the floor), I rise her and attached the skeleton which I had already done.

I think this was the action which make the problem, Lights looks as if the sliders were inverse (the horizontal moves the light up and down, while the vertical moves the light right-left).

When I started again, I raise her and then, exported her as obj and re-imported her as obj in that correct position, after that, I applied the skeleton and now, when she is ported in XPS lights finally works fine on her.

That's mean that I have to do all her rigging again, but at least, It could be solved and I know how prevent it happens again.

About the GeMeshAscii, I know it was outdated, but when I use the converter which is include in XPS, those models doesn't works for earlier versions of XNA Lara. I tried save with the old format, but it don't let me with all the models (the option appears in grey), Some of them yes other no, I don't know which are their differencies that's why I'm still using GeMeshAscii . Neutral (I don't know if it's important, but I use models which are edited from 3ds max).
Adngel
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top