XNA Posing Studio 10.8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

XNA Posing Studio 10.8

Post by XNAaraL on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:10 pm

XNA Posing Studio 10.8

Download link: XPS_10.8 http://xnalara.home-forum.com/t170-xnalara-xna-posing-studio-latest-version

- Realtime shadows

Last edited by XNAaraL on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 688

Back to top Go down

Re: XNA Posing Studio 10.8

Post by AtlantiB on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:49 am

Thats sooo damn amazing!!!!
Is it the projection to ground mesh? Very Happy nice way!

I'm in university. havent internet to be here Sad

AtlantiB
Administrator
Administrator

Male Сообщения : 373

http://xnalara.home-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by raidergale on Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:16 pm

This is fantastic, congratulations Smile
I have a few questions and requests:

1) Is it possible to add a shadow checkbox for every single light? This way we can use multiple lights to achieve better lighting and only casting a shadow from one of the lights, for example

2) Right now the shadow is achieved by projecting the 3D model on the plane, right? This is a great way, but the problem is that transparent parts like hair won't have a transparent shadow, since it's actually projecting the mesh itself and not the transparency from the texture. I don't really know how these things work, so I'm asking if there's a workaround for this.

3) As of now, it's impossible to cast shadows on surfaces other than the main ground. If I place a model in an environment, a hall for example, the hall itself will cast a shadow onto the ground and the other model's shadows will be covered by it. Is there a way to prevent this?

Thanks again for this update, I think it's a really big step forward Very Happy
raidergale
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by XNAaraL on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:43 am

raidergale wrote:
1) Is it possible to add a shadow checkbox for every single light?

2a) Right now the shadow is achieved by projecting the 3D model on the plane, right? This is a great way.
2b) But the problem is that transparent parts like hair won't have a transparent shadow, since it's actually projecting the mesh itself and not the transparency from the texture. I don't really know how these things work, so I'm asking if there's a workaround for this.

3a) As of now, it's impossible to cast shadows on surfaces other than the main ground.
3b) If I place a model in an environment, a hall for example, the hall itself will cast a shadow onto the ground and the other model's shadows will be covered by it. Is there a way to prevent this?

Thanks again for this update, I think it's a really big step forward Very Happy

Thank you for the compliment. :hug:
1) I add this feature this evening. Thanks for the suggestion. I make a check box inside the lightning dialog for each light source. "Caused shadows On/Off"

2a) Right, the shadows are projecting on a invisible ground plane.
2b) Right, the shadows ignore the original texture, because realtime shadows need a rendertime lesser then 1/60 sec. I can add a new menu item Modify-->Flags-->Mesh parts cast shadows on/off. But not this night. On this way, if you make a render, you can define that the hair part dont cast shadows on the ground. If you want, you can store this information persistent into the header of the "new Generic_Item format" using Modify-->Save Generic_Item-->overwrite selected item

3a) Unfortunately, not in real time.
3b) Workaround: Hit the Lock button and render first the hall without shadows (Options-->Display shadows off) and save the image. Hide the hall and make then a new render with shadows and save this image with the settings "Save alpha channel". Use Gimp or PaintShop or Photoshop and load both images to different layers.
I can add a new menu item Modify-->Flags-->Item cast shadows on/off. This evening. On this way, if you make a render, you can define that the model (for example the hall) dont cast shadows on the ground. If you want, you can store this information permanent into the header of the "new Generic_Item format" using Modify-->Save Generic_Item-->overwrite selected item

XNAaraL
XNALara teacher
XNALara teacher

Male Сообщения : 688

Back to top Go down

Post by raidergale on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:33 am

Thank you for your answer Smile Don't worry too much about 2b, it's not that important and I could always try to change the shadow shape using some image editing programs, so take your time Very Happy
raidergale
XNALara guest
XNALara guest

Male Сообщения : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by vmj51 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:30 pm

This is really amazing XNAaraL, this is an innovation! Very Happy
Too bad the shadows slow my PC down. Sad
vmj51
XNALara guest
XNALara guest